Tuesday, February 3, 2009

ஒன் ஒப் தோஸ் ப்லோக் போஸ்ட்ஸ் இ ரேஅல்லி hate

I'm really going to post this time, in order to fulfill a vow I made to myself because Virgie acts disappointed when I let my blog lie fallow for months on end. So this is one of those "just checking in" posts. Ugh. Awful, awful, awful. Such posts are among the reasons I vowed not to blog ever in my life (in 2001--for some reason I had trouble not splitting the infinitive in that last sentence.)

I work at a fairly low stress job. I am reading straight through the Bible, including such things the specifications for priestly garments, but not geneologies. I picked up a bunch of books on fingerstyle guitar and have found the one on slack key to be the most accessible by far. I think that's because the rhythms are so straighforward. The others all seem to require that you listen to the record that used to come with the book.

Anyway, here's the vow: "I will post whenever I'm in the library and thus force myself to fulfill the narcissistic purpose (porpoise?) of this weblog; i.e. to document my ideas and the events of my life."

No comments: