Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Landscaping

In the summer of 2005 I worked in landscaping for two and a half months. It was a surprisingly enjoyable job. But then....

My block saw dried up
And my rake's teeth fell out
And my sod cutter waddled into a lake
And my shovel became shriveled
And my plate compactor caught a wasting disease

And then I went home and ate a couple of tommychongas for dinner. The next day was supposed to be my last day working there. I didn't feel well so I call in sick. It was a good summer.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

I don't get it.

Unknown said...

Here is the explanation, in its entirety: I wanted to use the words shovel and shrivel in the same sentence, and I love the fact that the name Tommy Chong and the word chimichonga are so similar. Some of it is fact. Can you guess?

Virgie P. said...

Itz de most beeautiful poem I ever hear!